Tuesday 21 June 2011

Makeup Experiment: E.L.F. Makeup from Target's $1 line

So, I have a small obsession with beauty products, but I hate going to MAC and spending something like 20 dollars on a small eye shadow. I don't even really enjoy spending 10 bucks on something from target. The thing is, I know that, like fashionable shoes, cars, and many other products, you get what you pay for. So, the mission was to find quality products I could use on a regular bases and not have to sell my kidney to afford. And then I discovered E.L.F. at Target. Most of their products are 1 dollar. Yes, ONE DOLLAR. Some are 3, and a few are 6, but for the most part, 1 is what you're going to pay. I now have 6 makeup brushes, some mascara, tons of eye shadow, some blush, a palette of presses powder, some fake lashes, liquid eyeliner, some lip gloss and a package of makeup remover. I LOVE the products. They're not of the highest quality I've ever used, but they are certainly good. And for the price? Sheesh! Gotta love 'em!

So here is today's experiment. I was going for a sort of updated vintage look. Don't mind my pictures, the camera isn't great...


The eyes: black reflective eye shadow, with nude shadow on the upper lid, and liquid liner for a thin cat eye effect


I also blended some white into the corners and underneath
(for some reason my brow pencil is showing up red in these pics!!)


The finished product, at a glance.

Products used:
ELF tone correcting concealer
ELF translucent matifying powder
MAC beauty powder blush in Summer Rose
Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara in Very Black
ELF waterproof eyeliner pen
ELF brightening eye color palette in DRAMA
ELF eye shadow in Pink Ice

TAH DAH! I can do makeup when I put my mind to it!

X's and O's
Abbi

No comments:

Post a Comment