Tuesday 9 August 2011

Weekend to California, more wedding ideas, and over-eating:

So, Randy and I made the 6 hour journey from here (phoenix) to Ventura, CA where my Aunt, Uncle and two cousins live. Record time, even with the GPS getting us lost and taking us directly through the most traffic-y part of LA. We arrived around noon, relaxed, took a walk around the mall and then headed to the neighbor's house for a cookout, complemented by alcohol and a lively mix of gangster rap music. That side of my family is definitely more "party oriented" than the family I have here in AZ. We also went to Santa Barbara, where I was born, for the annual Old Spanish Days festival, aka FIESTA! Fried foods, beer, rodeos, parades, and LOTS of Confetti!!! A trip in the RV for a beach side cook out followed the next day :) Couldn't have been a better weekend.



One of my best friends, Joie! :)

and another lovely friend, Katie


^^part of the "over-eating"


Part of barbeque beach day, pure bliss.

Now, as for the "wedding ideas" section of this post, it's just that, TONS of ideas. I know theres going to be a lot of 50's inspiration behind it, theres no way around that. The problem is, I'm going back and forth between three ideas. Do I want something on the more formal side? A black tie affair that evokes an old Hollywood soiree? Do I want something that's still 50's glamour, but more-so tied to 50's glamour in England? (Something that ties my heritage into the mix, as well as maybe some French, to bring Randy's background into it as well). And last, but not least, do I want something more fun, a little more bright and youthful (but still classy) and bring the modern world's take on the 50's, with sparrows and naval regalia, red lips and swing skirts? I can see any of the options turning out to be really awesome, fun, comfy and just plain cool. Lots to think about. Sorry for what I'm sure is a really long and wordy post!!


Thanks for reading,
Stay fabulous, my friends
XOXO

6 comments:

  1. the last of the three ideas, my reasoning, is because that seems more like you and randy, to me :) - however, all of the ideas sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I can see all three ideas in my head, maybe it will end up being a mix of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see you guys doing any of the three--they would all be cute! A mix would be awesome. There are so many ways you could incorporate all three elements to make one awesome wedding. As long as there's cake, people will be happy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true! I'm so excited to start planning everything :) Ah yes, cake, which I think will end up being cupcakes. But cake nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cupcakes are A LOT easier to serve, or have people get themselves, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly! Im envisioning a few different flavors on some cool mismatched vintage cake stands :)

    ReplyDelete